Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Galifianakis' new show is anything but funny, dramatic or interesting: in other words, it's kinda lame



Way, way below par. With Galifianakis in the lead role, my expectations were a bit high, but unfortunately, this show isn't funny enough to keep us entertained, nor dramatic enough to keep us tuning in every week. As a character, Chip Baskets reminds me a lot of that Danny McBride character, Kenny Powers, in "East Bound and Down": both characters are too rude, stupid and unlikable to be able to sustain the audience's interest for more than 90 seconds. Sadly, we're supposed to identify with this Baskets dupe for 10 episodes each year. I was barely able to get through the first 6, and I doubt I'll be tuning in any further. Instead of raising the standard for what a good TV comedy is, this show has actually lowered it. And all that with not one but two Galifianakises on the screen. Shame.
C-

No comments: